- About Us
- Prevention Programs
- Ways You Can Help
WE NEED YOU!!!!
Chaucie’s Place, headquartered in Hamilton County, is seeking volunteers to help present Smart Steps: A Body Safety Program for Children™ in Marion, Hamilton, Boone, Madison, Tipton, Hancock and Hendricks Counties. Smart Steps: A Body Safety Program for Children™ is a child sexual abuse prevention and education program that teaches elementary school-aged children that their bodies belong to them; they have the right to say “NO!” to unwanted touches from anyone; to tell an adult about any touches that make them uncomfortable; and we assure students that abuse is never, ever their fault. This 30-minute interactive presentation is given in 85 public and private elementary schools, daycares and after-school programs in and around Central Indiana.
If you would like to be a volunteer for this amazing program; complete and submit the volunteer application and both background checks listed below.
Criminal History Background Check (fill out Sections 2-4 only)
Once complete, mail or fax them to us at:
4607 E. 106th St.
Carmel, IN 46033
For further questions, contact Jennifer Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 317-759-8008. Thank you for your interest to help prevent child sexual abuse in Central Indiana!
2016-2017 Orientation Training Dates: (Must attend one mandatory training date)
Click on the date you want to attend to register!
Aug 15th: 8:30am – 9:30am in Carmel, IN
Aug 15th: 11:30am – 12:30pm in Indianapolis, IN
Aug 16th: 10:15am – 11:15am in Indianapolis, IN
Aug 16th: 11:30am – 12:30pm in Carmel, IN
Aug 18th: 9:30am – 10:30am in Anderson, IN
Aug 18th: 11:30am – 12:30pm in Anderson, IN
SMART STEPS VOLUNTEER EXPECTATIONS:
- Commit to a minimum of two presentations a month from September through May;
- Presentations are typically Monday through Thursday in Boone, Hamilton, Madison, Tipton, Marion, Hendricks and Hancock County schools between 8:30am-11:30am;
- Provide your own transportation to and from the schools;
- Complete and pass a Criminal History Background Check;
- Attend a 1 hour Smart Steps™ Volunteer Training;
- Attend the 2.5 hour Stewards of Children® training within 6 months after volunteer orientation/training;
- Represent Chaucie’s Place in a professional and friendly manner, following Chaucie’s Place’s Code of Conduct;
- Follow the program script during all presentations.