- About Us
- Prevention Programs
- Ways You Can Help
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please complete this application (click on the link to the left) and mail or fax it to us at: Chaucie's Place 4607 E. 106th St. Carmel, IN 46033 or 317-844-5277.
Chaucie's Place relies on volunteers to support our Smart Steps: A Body Safety Program for Children©, special events, landscaping and general operations.
Our largest ongoing volunteer need is for our Smart Steps program. If you are considering becoming a Smart Steps Volunteer please review the list of expectations and see if this would be a good fit for you.
SMART STEPS VOLUNTEER EXPECTATIONS:
- Commit to an average of two presentations a month from September through May;
- Presentations are typically Monday through Thursday mornings in Boone, Hamilton, or Hancock County schools between 8:30am-11:30am;
- Provide your own transportation to and from the schools;
- Complete and pass a Criminal History Background Check;
- Attend the 1 hour Smart Steps Volunteer Training on August 26th;
- Attend the 2.5 hour Stewards of Children® training 6 months after volunteer orientation/training;
- Represent Chaucie’s Place in a professional and friendly manner;
- Follow the program script during all presentations.