- About Us
- Prevention Programs
- Donate Now!
Chaucie's Place relies on volunteers to support our Smart Steps: A Body Safety Program for Children©, special events, landscaping and general operations.
Our largest ongoing volunteer need is for our Smart Steps program. If you are considering becoming a Smart Steps Volunteer please review the list of expectations and see if this would be a good fit for you.
SMART STEPS VOLUNTEER EXPECTATIONS:
- Our Smart Steps presentations are typically on Monday and Wednesday mornings in Hamilton County schools between 8:30am-11:00am.
- Volunteers do not have to commit to a specific number of presentations so if your schedule allows you to help once a month or once a week we appreciate your time.
- Complete and pass a Criminal History Background Check
- Attend the 1 hour Smart Steps Volunteer Training
- Attend the 2.5 hour Stewards of Children Training within the first 6 months of being a volunteer
- Follow the provided Smart Steps program script during all Smart Steps presentations
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please complete the application below and mail or fax it to us at: Chaucie's Place 4607 E. 106th St. Carmel, IN 46033 or 317-759-8008