- About Us
- Prevention Programs
- Ways You Can Help
- Indiana’s suicide rate has been higher than the national average since 1999.
- According to the 2009 “Indiana Youth Risk Behavior Survey” 22% of girls and 12% of boys surveyed in grades 9-12 seriously considered attempting suicide in the last year.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for teens (accidents and homicide are the 1st and 2nd )
- Almost 7% of high school students report making a suicide attempt
- Over 14% of high school students report suicidal thoughts
- Child sexual abuse victims are 7 times more likely to commit suicide